Hey everyone, I feel so blessed to say it’s another goodbye October post where I share what I have been learning since the last, which you can check out here. My routine is to write the major lessons that I have learnt or been learning in the past one year and then I look at the previous year and see whether I have grown or if am still learning the same things over and over. I have come to truly appreciate it as a way of tracking my progress each year and actually helps to set the pace for the next year. So let’s get to it, this year I have been learning;
- Yoga is a really good workout, it doesn’t look like much but you wake up the next day with as much muscle ache as a normal workout. I feel the need to share the overall benefits, so look out for the post soon.
- If you have problems with high acidity like me, then one simple trick to reduce the outbursts, don’t go hungry for long periods of time.
- To love myself, flaws and all and not being apologetic for it.
- That taking risks is a great way of knowing your potential, you never know until you try.
- Having a role model does not mean having a mega superstar or someone who has accomplished ground breaking achievements, it is only someone who inspires you to change and make change around you.
- Writing your goals down and constantly viewing them helps you to actually achieve them by constantly making decisions every day that lead you towards achieving them.
- Having Jesus in my life makes everything a piece of heaven on earth.
- Being yourself sometimes feels awkward but in the end it is so rewarding.
- To respectfully listen to other opinions even if they do not coincide with mine, because life isn’t always about agreeing with one another, it is about sharing what we have seen, learnt and understood with one another.
- To be keen on the seasons of life, there is a season for everything and when we understand this it becomes easier for us to go with the flow of the season rather than going against it.
- God will put the right people in your path to help you get to where you need to be, just trust in Him and He will come through.
- It’s ok to be sad, angry or irritated but it is important to remove yourself from these feelings once you recognize them, don’t go around spoiling everyone else’s day just because you’re having a bad day.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, look at what they are doing right for inspiration then create something that is totally, individually you, any other way is a rip-off.
- Confidence is not necessarily in-born, you sometimes have to generate it from your imagination.
- When am having a bad day, or am in a bad mood, I just laugh really badly out loud and before I know it am genuinely laughing my heart out and suddenly the bad day is over.
Overall I have learnt that life is bitter sweet, so take the good with the bad, keep Jesus on speed dial always, have conversations with yourself it helps to clear the mind, be your biggest fan, never leave an opportunity to be generous, kind or caring pass you by, and everything in moderation!
Thank you for reading, if you liked this post hit the like button below, share it with your friends and feel free to share what you have been learning in the comment section below. As always…